At the list bellow with 36 Hotels in Saranda are all type of Hotels for your Accommodation in Saranda Albania. With detailed information of each hotel of Saranda such description, location, pictures prices etc and online system reservation you will have the possibility to book online your room in Saranda Hotels in Albania. We offer the best hotels of Saranda from cheap hotel to luxury hotel in Saranda Albania. Saranda is situated in the south of Albania and stretches all Ionian Sea, a town known more for tourism in Albania and is as famous and foreigner. Saranda is situated 267 km from Tirana Rinas Airport and recognized many of the ancient city of Butrint and now recognized by UNESCO World - s, Saranda are many opportunities during the stay to visit different countries as cultural and archaeological church "St. Nicholas" in the village of Mesopotamia, 3 islands Ksamil beautiful, small castle of Ali Pasha in the village VrinŽ, natural source "Blue Eye" and Museum Ethnographic Museum.
Sarandë or Saranda (Greek: Άγιοι Σαράντα, Agioi Saranda; Turkish: Aya Sarandi; Italian: Santi Quaranta) is the capital of the District of Sarandë, Albania, and is one of the most important tourist attractions of the Albanian Riviera. It is situated on an open sea gulf of the Ionian Sea in the Mediterranean 2 nautical miles from the Greek island of Corfu. The city of Saranda has a population of about 30,000 (2001 estimate). Near Sarandë are the remains of the ancient city of Butrint, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Alongside its ethnic Albanian majority, Sarandë is home to an ethnic Greek minority and is considered one of the centers of the Greek minority in Albania.
Sarandë's current name derives from the name of the Byzantine monastery of the Agioi Saranda (Greek: Άγιοι Σαράντα), meaning the "Forty Saints" and honoring the Forty Martyrs of Sebaste. Under Turkish rule, this became Aya Sarandi and then Sarandoz. Owing to Venetian influence in the region, it often appeared under its Italian name Santi Quaranta on western maps. This usage continued even after the establishment of the Principality of Albania, owing to the first Italian occupation of the region. During the second occupation in World War II, Benito Mussolini changed the name to Porto Edda, in honor of his eldest daughter. Following the restoration of Albanian independence, the city employed its Albanian name Saranda.
Given its coastal access and Mediterranean climate, SarandŽ has become an important tourist attraction since the fall of Communism in Albania. Saranda as well as the rest of the Albanian Riviera, according to The Guardian, "is set to become the new 'undiscovered gem' of the overcrowded Med." Tourism is thus the major economic resource, while other resources include services, fisheries and construction. The unemployment rate according to the population census of 2008 was 8.32%. It has been suggested that family tourism and seasonal work during the summer period help mitigate the real unemployment rate. Recently, the town has experinced an uncontrolled construction boom which may hamper the city's future tourism potential.
In antiquity the city was known by the ancient Greek name of Onchesmos or Anchiasmos  and was inhabited by the Greek tribe of the Chaonians. Onchesmos flourished as the port of the Chaonian capital Phoenice (modern-day Finiq). In AD 552, it experienced repeated attacks from the Goths.
In 1878, a Greek rebellion broke out, with revolutionaries taking control of Sarandë and Delvinë. This was suppressed by the Ottoman troops, who burned twenty villages in the region. The town was included in the newly formed Albanian state in 1913 under the terms of the Protocol of Florence.
It was occupied twice by Greece in 1913 and from 1914 to 1916, the second time by Greek insurgents from the Autonomous Republic of Northern Epirus. It was then occupied by Italy between 1916 and 1920 as part of the Italian Protectorate on southern Albania. Sarandë was again occupied by Italian forces in 1939 and was a strategic port during the Italian invasion of Greece. During this occupation, it was called "Porto Edda" in honor of the eldest daughter of Benito Mussolini.
As part of Northern Epirus, the city came under Greek rule on 6 December 1940 until the German invasion in Greece in the spring of 1941